Dragon Claw Alliance forum for Pocket Empires.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application from Graffixx

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Graffixx

PostSubject: Application from Graffixx   Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:06 pm

Greetings. Here, for your consideration, is my application to join the Dragon Claw Alliance.

1. What is your lord name?
Graffix - Marquess (Extraordinaire).

2. How old are you? (You don't have to answer, though if left unanswered we will assume you are 10)
Just turned 48 last month.

3. Why do you want to join this alliance?
Well, primarily, it was out of convenience. I seem to have spawned in your "area" already. Saves a move. Upon further inspection, I like the "no nonsense" approach to your recruitment strategies.

4. What was your previous alliance and why did you leave?
None, so, not applicable.

5. What can you bring to the alliance?
A mature team player who is technically and strategically competent.

6. What is your current approach/direction in the game?
At the risk of boring you to death, a little background might be in order.

I received my new Droid Eris last December. One day, about a two or three months ago, I was toodling around the Droid Market Place looking for new games to pass the time in boring Coporate America teleconference meetings, when I came across Pocket Empires. Seemed interesting. A pocket version of Age of Empires, which I had dabbled in briefly in the past. So I downloaded it.

I built my first "fort" and took a look around. Lots of others around. Better lay low. So I started building up the gold and food resources so I could, in turn, build the various buildings and techs. Thinking I was going to get attacked at any moment, I concentrated on defensive measures first. I built out the Wall and recruited plenty of traps and falling rocks, etc.

Ok, long story short, I got everything I had the old fashion way. About two or three weeks ago, started reading various forums, and discovered the art of sending "bumers." Then I ran into Gigantor. He had a couple of suggestions and, within two or three days, I had more than quadrupled my rep, troops, and assets. At first, it seemed like "gaming the game," but then I realized, if the developers put these mechanisms in place, why not use them?

To answer the question, I don't currently have a modus operandi but am looking for a good direction.

7. How often do you check on your cities?
Daily, now.

8. How often do you check the forums?
Daily, now.

9. Do you have a constructive, positive attitude?
Absolutely!

10. Can you take criticism?
Yes, see #6.

11. How big is your army presently? (rough number will work but please send a screen shot of troops in a PM to Deimon)
4000 Milita
53000 Bowmen
1600 Hussar
400 Swordsman
200 Orc
50 Paladin
400 Calvary
3,250,000 Lizards
3,705,248 Black Widows
101 Axe Throwers

12. Do you have any counties/metropolises/capitals? If so, how many?
No

13. What is your current reputation? (Please send a screen shot to Deimon)

14. Do you have any feuds with other players or alliances?
No

15. Do you know any current or past Dragon Claw members?
No

Thanks for your consideration!

Graffixx

Back to top Go down
View user profile
deimon

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:15 pm

Hey Graffixx, your approach to the game seems pretty casual. Especially given how long it has taken you to get to the reap/army size you are now. You have quite a ways to go to catch up with pretty much all of our members.

That being said, I'll leave it to you on how you would like to proceed. If you are really interested in taking your game to the high level of play these are the steps that you need to take to get there.

First you need to find an open area to establish yourself. Since you're saying there are a lot of us where you are and you have no forts and you are on an older account I imagine there are no open counties where you are at. You will have to find some owned by Satan's minions to conquer. Another important thing is to make sure there is an overwhelming lvl 10 widow spawn in the area. Bonus points if there are lizard and gorgon around too. After getting a county, you should be able to produce more human troops, which are only useful as blockers or selling on the market. I am not sure how far your research is or how many player cities you have, but you should get enough counties to be able to research all the armor and weapon upgrades.

Next you need to build your army, so you should be conquering widows all day long. Average conquer of lvl 10 gets you 630k. You need to build a large army to defend the forts you have. This will be the longest step in getting to a level needed to join the alliance.

Let me know how you want to go from here, and if you want to join my alt alliance PM me and i'll let you know how to. This will get you a small boost in health regen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graffixx

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Fair assessment. Yes, I've played pretty casually up to now, but ready to take it to the next level. After reading some of the other posts here, I kind of figured that I would not quite be up to par yet.

Oh well, I'll persevere. The alternate team might be a good place to start, so I'll be sending you a PM.

On the positive side, I can spell, and my grammar isn't too bad...

Smile

Thanks,

Graffixx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AKknight

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:48 pm

hang in there a bit GRaffix...I think you would be a smart addition if you were to grow some. Have you played any other games with the Name" Graffixx"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graffixx

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:02 pm

No, used first time in PE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graffixx

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Greetings All,

Status update:

Since I joined Deimon Claw, I've climbed in rank to 11 Mil, which is eighth on the roster. My Black Widow count stands at 22.5 Mil.

I'd like to take a fort/county so how do I go about doing that?

If there's something else I should be doing instead, let me know what that might be.

Thanks in advance,
Graffixx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deimon

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:19 am

Good progress so far. You want to look around you immediate area to see if there are free forts to take. Ideally you want to scope out an area where you can take at least 5. If there are none by you, then you should expand your search and use an AMO to get there. Important things for the area you chose is abundance of lvl 10 widow/lizard/gorgon/gargoyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graffixx

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:31 am

Maybe a silly question but, what does a "free fort" look like?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
output01x

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:39 am

What deimon means by "free forts" is NPC-occupied Counties, Metropolises, and State Capitals. You can tell that these are "free" by selecting them and looking at the Lord's title and name. If the title is "Devil" and the name is "Satan's Minion", that means nobody has conquered that fortress yet, and is therefore up for grabs. Just make sure you don't try to conquer a fortress that has already been conquered by another player, or you could end up making unnecessary enemies Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graffixx

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:36 pm

Status Update:

My Rep is at 36.8 Mil, highest on the Deimon Claw team. I've amassed the following:

Widows: 35.7 Mil
Lizards: 5 Mil
Longbowmen: 450k
Bowmen: 1.1 Mil

I'm ready to take a county, except I mysteriously keep losing Gems. I emailed the admins and they gave them back to me once, but it happened again today. 1000 Gems, poof!

Anyway, I've scoured the map and still haven't found a "vacant" county. So, I have a question. Just to the north of my current position, there are two Level 12 counties (?) owned by a Dragon Claw by the name of Netbattler. I PM'd him when I was looking to join but he never replied. His Rep has been at 8 Mil ever since I became aware of it a few months ago.

Is this an inactive player and, if so, can I "take up residence" in those counties? They are located at 1903,1859 and 1901,1863. I certainly don't want to create any enemies, so, please advise.

Thanks,
Graffixx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deimon

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:02 pm

There are still a ton of unoccupied counties. I'll take a look around your location and find a good spot for you.

edit- Noticed you have lvl 10 widows next to you so i found an area with all the other types of creatures you could want. 2035,2407 would be you starting point with 2 lizards close 2031,2403 and 2034,2411. Some gorgon are close too at 2022,2408. A bit further away you have some gargoyles at 2066,2421. I found dozen or so unoccupied counties in the area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flash1992

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:11 pm

hmmm it will be hard to find a good spot around there... alot of alliances are set up around there it might just be better moving to a totally different area of the map
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graffixx

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:24 pm

Thanks Deimon for the coordinates and Flash for the suggestions. I should have asked earlier, but, with this being my first county conquest, are there any particular strategies preferred over others (i.e. how do I do this)?

Thanks in advance,
Graffixx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AKknight

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:32 pm

there is a ton of open ground in my southern areas of 20xx,26xx parts of the map.
this guy has paid his dues to get in DC..I have no objection with him joining.
you will need about 5-8 million widows with 3-5 mil lizards to get the least losses when conquering a county.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justinjmoravec

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:42 am

I would just pop an attack pot and a defense pot and then send about 15m widows - your gonna lose about 400k-700k tops. I would take everthing you wanted in 1 day. Conquer Blitz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graffixx

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Gentlemen,

My apologies, as I've been away for a while. My phone bricked and I was out action for a little. When I got back I was "work busy" but still building. I didn't get to move my cities before the map change. I've not yet taken a county. Here's my status:

Rep = 73 Mil (Emperor)
Gems = 22k
Widows = 55 Mil
Lizards = 5 Mil
Bowmen = 4 Mil
Catapults = 10K
and various other smaller units

I now have enough Advanced Move Orders to move all of my cities to wherever I am needed (after the map change). I'm prepared to resign from Damien Claw and tender my application to Dragon Claw. I guess I'm ready to join the fray.

Thanks,

Graffixx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flash1992

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:02 pm

I think your ready to be in dc. You gave alot of effort to be in dc reminds of me when i wamted to join lol if no one has any objections im lending him a invitation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
john_mox

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:08 pm

I vote for letting him in. He reminds me of how I was trying to get into DC too. =P
His app is very solid, and spent a lot of effort. I was looking through our old apps a few days ago, found his app, and sent him a pm in forum. And he replied me! That means he kept checking back, and it's a very good attitude!

john_mox =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graffixx

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:42 am

Done!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graffixx

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Looks like I'm in! Thanks for your votes of confidence. I'll start reading up on the strategies in the other parts of the forum.

I also await any orders, if help is needed anywhere.

Graffixx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application from Graffixx   

Back to top Go down

Application from Graffixx
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1